A new type of credit card fraud is recently identified by MalwareHunter guys. This malware application pretends as google chrome browser and require its victims to provide their credit card details. This malware application sends victim’s credit card information to an AOL email id.
How it work ?
This malware came up with the name of Betaling – Google Chrome.exe. Let me tell you how smart it is. It uses chrome’s logo as public display and google address bar along with complete windows layout. It also has an HTTPS lock to dodge user’s intelligence. Excellent graphics and perfect disguising as Chrome browser make it a super smart malware program. Which surely has potential to dodge even an intelligent mind.
If victims enter correct details then these details are forwarded to an email [email protected] This email was unveiled when source code of this credit card fraud malware application is analyzed. Recent as well as the old logs were identified which includes logs from january 2016 and so on. Maware application was working perfectly fine since that time.
This image shows how it actually look like.
The place where it requires entering credit card information to make victim’s pocket empty, looks as follows
You can see how it’s pretty same as google chrome browser.
Is It Exactly Look like Google Chrome ?
Certainly not! As they say “copy can’t be original”. There are many clues in this credit card fraud malware application which can be spotted by credit card users.
- This credit card fraud application requires a minimum version of .net framework 4.0 to run. Google chrome never had any such requirement.
- 2nd clue is a bit shocking that this credit card fraud application uses standard windows 8/8.1/10 metro style even if it’s running on windows 7. wow
- Layman clue is there will be no Menu bar, chrome buttons and other chrome options that we see in chrome browser’s homepage.
- Another BIG clue in this credit card fraud malware application is there will be no options of minimizing or resizing window. Only “close” button will work.
So if you find something like this credit card fraud malware application then don’t forget to check aboe cluees. Stay safe!
- 4 Ways To Report Credit Card Fraud Wikihow
- Credit Card Fraud Detection Kaggle
- Credit Card Scams Asics Moneysmart
- Credit Card Fraud Wikipedia
- Slachtoffer Creditcard Fraude Fraude Met Creditcards
- Credit Card Fraud Protect Yourself From Thieves
- Credit Card Fraud Oneplus Forums
- Protecting Against Credit Card Fraud Consumer Information
- Credit Card Fraud Fbi
- Credit Card Fraud What You Need To Know Creditcom